Deze vacature is niet meer beschikbaar
Do you want to be part of one of the key-pillars for the future growth of VDL ETG: Japan? Then this might be an interesting vacancy for you!
Mechatronics system architect
Within VDL ETG, the department Technology & Development (T&D) is responsible for the specification, design and engineering of high tech / precision modules, professional products and capital intensive equipment. One of the key-pillars for the future growth of VDL ETG is Japan. In many product markets that fit our capabilities often Japanese companies are leading. Since the EPA (Economic Partner Agreement, February 2019) is in place between Japan and Europe, VDL ETG started to explore opportunities for collaboration with leading Japanese companies in both the Semiconductor and Analytical Industry. During first meetings it was confirmed that our proposition of in-house Design-, Engineering and Manufacturing services is unique and relevant to these companies in Japan.
To be successful we also realized that language and cultural differences requires VDL ETG to strengthen it’s global Technology & Development (T&D) team with native Japanese speaking colleagues operating in the interface with the targeted leads. This is the reason we are looking for a Mechatronics System Architect with experience in development projects for the Semiconductor-industry to strengthen our T&D department. Our new colleague will work on very interesting projects for both Japanese and non Japanese customers. For the Japanese customers you will participate in the business trips to Japan.
As a Mechatronics System Architect at VDL ETG you are responsible to setup and create a technically roadmap and requirements of a consistent system design that meets the functional specifications of our customers within the boundaries of overall cost and timing. In close co-operation with colleagues from other disciplines you are translating system specifications and constraints into specifications and roadmaps for architecture, technology, functions and modules, document and maintain these.
You will perform trade-off studies and set direction to determine the preferred implementation scenario for the realization of one or more of these modules. In this phase you are also responsible for reviewing the indicated specifications and make suggestions for improvements to discuss these with the client(s)/ stakeholder(s). During the project(s) you act as a (technical) coach for designers. Furthermore you are responsible for:
- Definition of a generic machine platform, based on modular design.
- Division of complex system in manageable subtasks.
- Hardware/Software interface development for ‘own’ and ‘third party’ modules.
- For a successful commissioning of developed product.
- Input for development milestone planning.
- Machine safety.
- Technical University, Master degree in Mechatronics, Electronics or Mechanics.
- At least 10 years relevant experience in high tech equipment.
- Customer oriented.
- Capable and driven to define new (Semiconductor) Equipment concepts.
- Team player. Internally and towards external partners and suppliers. Entrepreneurial spirit, motivated to contribute to a successful growth of the company
- Efficient in dealing with time pressure and budget constraints.
- Hands-on, active participation during installation, commissioning and trouble shooting.
- Good communication skills.
- Language: native Japanese (must), proficient in English.
What do we offer?
- Successful international and industrial family owned company
- Professional high tech environment
- Key role which is a combination of product development and product realization.
- Opportunities for personal development through internal and external trainings
- Competitive salary including annual profit sharing
- 40 personal leave days
- Solid pension plan
- Internal growth opportunities
- Various sports related company activities and an annual company event
- Informal and inspiring working environment
Are you interested and do you recognize yourself in above profile? Apply via the “solliciteer” button. Please include a resume and motivation letter in which you describe why you are interested in this vacancy. For further information about this vacancy you can contact the Corporate Recruitment Department; Ellen Op Heij, via 040-2925066.
Do you like being challenged to get the best out of yourself? To develop products on the edge of what is feasible? Then VDL ETG T&D fits you perfectly! With a team of > 400 enthusiastic and driven colleagues, we develop complex and innovative mechatronic modules and systems. In your work you contribute to the further development of high-tech equipment for computer chips, the fight against diseases, the investigation of the universe and the understanding of details in cells and molecules. You do this for various international customers in the Semiconductor, Analytical, Science, Solar, LED, Medical and Space industry. Working at VDL ETG T&D means a lot of freedom and diversity. We offer you technical challenges in the field of engineering and project management with specializations in Electronics, Mechatronics, Equipment Engineering, Software and Physics. In multidisciplinary teams you work together with the customer, development and production. This gives you the opportunity to demonstrate your result-oriented approach through a high degree of independence and responsibility in your position. VDL ETG is a unique employer due to the combination of engineering and high-tech production facilities under one roof, an informal and open working atmosphere and growth opportunities in our locations in Eindhoven, Almelo, Trübbach (Switzerland), Suzhou (China), Singapore and Fremont (USA). Do you have a hands-on mentality? A techie in heart and soul? Then become our new colleague!