At VDL AEC Maritime we are looking for a Commissioning Engineer. Have you mechanical/electrical knowledge and do you like to travel around the world? Then take on the challenge with us!
The purpose of the job is to perform maintenance and commissioning services at customers ships on board.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- Monitoring according to the specifications of the assembly of (parts of) products;
- Checking and testing the placed products through trail runs and measurements;
- Giving instructions and advices trough training to operating employees for using and maintenance of the placed products.
Maintenance And Repairs
- Perform (periodic) inspections at request of customer;
- Take care of overhauling, remodeling and repair activities to products. In some cases control local staff;
- Represent VDL AEC Maritime as sales engineer every visit, and relate to existing products and/or services with the commissioning activities;
- Giving instructions and advice to the operating staff on board about the use and maintenance of the products, by training courses.
Preparation And Completion
- Preparing work activities to be carried out on location as regards documentation, schedules, work drawings, tools, etc.;
- Making a report after every service visit, according to applicable rules and regulations, for the benefit of the own company, with modifications and proposals for the benefit of the customer;
- Taking care that reports will be reviewed with relevant stakeholders, after returning at the office.
- You have a technical MBO+ or Bachelor degree with mechanical/electrical knowledge.
- You have basic knowledge of PLC techniques, process-, measuring- and control technology;
- You have a good knowledge of written and spoken English.
What do we offer you?
Working at VDL AEC Maritime means that you are part of the international industrial family company VDL Group, where continuity is of paramount importance. Collaborate in a professional manner in an informal, no-nonsense environment where open communication predominates. You also have plenty of room for personal development and entrepreneurship. Furthermore, we offer competitive terms of employment.
If you are interested and recognize yourself in the described profile, please send us your CV as also a motivation letter.
Application of employment agencies is not appreciated.
VDL AEC Maritime supplies scrubbers for ships that meet the latest international requirements in the field of harmful emissions. In the technology used-seawater is used to store and clean environmentally harmful particles on the ship. Customers can contact VDL AEC Maritime for the entire process of sales, engineering, production and installation of the scrubbers.