Deze vacature is niet meer beschikbaar
The Electronics Architect in the lead will contribute to the ongoing growth in development, engineering and the competence Electronics. Within this role you will be responsible from concept till qualification of high-end mechatronic systems. You will also be the team leader for the internal and external project team (in the lead). In this role, you will be challenged to develop and strengthen a broad set of skills.
Lead Electronics Architect
One of your biggest challenges of the Lead Electronics Architect will be to communicate with all the stakeholders in the different phases of the project, both inside and outside VDL ETG T&D. During the concept phase you will mainly communicate with architects from other disciplines and competence leaders to make trade-offs and define the concept design. During the design/implementation and verification phase you will lead the team (including the external partner) to make and review the electronic designs. During the test/integration phase you will be communicating with the internal production/test department and help solving problems in the first integration phase.
Because you work in multidisciplinary project teams you’ll need to have a broad knowledge of electronics and are also interested in other disciplines such as mechanics, mechatronics and software. Within the electronics department, you’ll contribute and steer to set up the roadmap and strategy. Furthermore you are responsible for:
- Developing architectural concepts in multidisciplinary teams,
- Meeting with clients to specify a clear interpretation of the customers demand,
- Specification of electronic modules and systems, electronic components (sensors, amplifiers, PCB’s) and control platforms,
- Performing trade-offs for implementation alternatives of functions,
- Managing outsourcing activities at electronics development partners,
- Leading the electronics designers and engineers in the multidisciplinary project team,
- Contributing specialist knowledge in one or more electronic engineering fields, such as signal processing, analog, digital and power electronics, firmware, high voltage electronics, PCB lay-out, EMI, etc.
- Supporting allocation of manufacturing and other supply chain decisions,
- Transferring knowledge to production- and service engineers,
- Documenting specifications, concepts, designs and test analysis results
- Bachelor and or Master Degree in Electrical Engineering;
- 5 to 10 years of broad experience within the electronic field (motion and machine control, amplifiers, EMC, serviceability) of control systems and components for high-end equipment and/or products, in multidisciplinary development teams;
- 3 to 5 years’ experience as an Architect for complex systems;
- Team player, analytical, pragmatic, creative and pro-active;
- Good communication skills and proficient in English and preferably in Dutch;
- Ambition for a broad personal development in the technology field (Electronics but also mechanics, etc.) and the personal field. (Team leader, communicator, etc.)
What do we offer?
- You are part of the international, industrial, family company, VDL Group,
- You work together in a professional way, a combination of product development and product realization in the same building and in an informal environment,
- Plenty of opportunities for personal development and work scope,
- Combination of product development and product realization in the same building,
- Help to further develop the competences (Mechanics/ Electro/ Service/ Mechatronics/ Software),
- "no nonsense” mentality,
- Take ownership/responsibility (can do, will do),
- Rather high level of autonomy,
- Competitive terms of employment and great career opportunities.
Are you interested and do you recognize yourself in above profile? Apply via the “solliciteer” button. Please include a resume and motivation letter in which you describe why you are interested in this vacancy. For further information about this vacancy you can contact the Corporate Recruitment Department; Ellen Op Heij, via 040-2925066.
At VDL ETG Technology & Development machines are being developed, manufactured and assembled. All this takes place under one roof. The high-tech production facility is equipped with state of the art machinery to produce any designed product. Think of automated milling machines, lathes, grinders, welding robots, laser cutters, etc. VDL ETG T&D consists of the following development disciplines: mechanical, electrical, mechatronics and software. Out of these disciplines multidisciplinary project teams are assembled. These teams are responsible for the realization of challenging projects for leading international clients within the high-tech engineering (machine building). At this moment VDL ETG T&D moved to a new ultra-modern production facility including associated offices for development and support departments.