Do you have the ambition to lead a team of experts and help them to excel in their jobs and support them in developing high-end equipment? This might be your job!
Group lead electronics development
VDL ETG’s mission is to develop and manufacture high tech modules and systems for our customers in high-end equipment. ETG Technology & Development (T&D) is responsible for development of these mechatronic modules and systems, for production for one of the ETG factories. Electronics and electrical engineering plays an important role in the systems that we develop. T&D plans to use latest and greatest technologies for electronic development, fully connected to our system development process. ETG T&D has a vacancy for a Group Lead Electronic Development, having skills and experience in the following fields:
- You manage and inspire a team of professionals with drive to improve, grow and explore new areas of expertise. Our electronic development team is a mix of talented young professionals, in-depth experts, competence owners, integrators and architects;
- You initiate and coordinate outsourcing projects and relations with development partners;
- You drive customer and competence projects to fulfill our electronic development roadmap, working closely together with the other VDL ETG T&D competence groups;
- You are able to convince your customers of your technological choices and engage them in the development activities and decisions.
We expect you to have professional leadership and management skills combined with a detailed eye for competence improvement. The competences of your group include:
- E architecture & design
- Electro mechanical engineering
- PCBA development
- FPGA firmware development
- Sensors and actuators
- High voltage
- Machine safety and compliancy
- Testing, Integrating & Releasing electronic modules
You will also be ultimately responsible for the review and release of Electronic deliverables. You will assign the project staff for the project managers. In this position you work with project managers, group leads and engineers from other T&D competence groups. Our international customers (Semicon, Solar, Medical) operate in high tech environments and the projects involved can vary within these industries. You maintain contacts with existing and new customers to ensure product quality and way-of-working on new technologies. Furthermore you will be responsible for competency growth and recruitment of your group. This position is based within the VDL ETG T&D organization in Eindhoven.
You have the ambition to manage and coach your team of engineers to excel as a team in delivering quality software solutions. You have a keen eye for the latest technologies and a drive to use them in projects. Other important drivers:
- A master degree in Electronics Engineering
- At least five to ten years of experience in a leading position in a high-end multidisciplinary development environment
- You are a pro-active, analytical, creative person with a “can do” mentality
- Good communication skills verbal and written in English and Dutch
- Experience with requirements management and reliability of electronics is a pre
What do we offer?
A challenging job, a high degree of responsibility and plenty of opportunities for personal development. Great promises that we like to keep. Other things VDL ETG T&D offers are:
- You are part of the international, industrial, family-owned company VDL Groep;
- You work with professionals in a technical and high end environment; an environment that enables your career to excel in technology, quality and people management;
- a combination of product development and product realization in the same building
- Dynamic and informal atmosphere;
- Work together in multidisciplinary teams;
- International opportunities;
- Opportunities for personal development and growth.
Is je interesse gewekt en voldoe je aan het profiel? Dan ontvangen we graag je cv en motivatie voor deze vacature! Acquisitie naar aanleiding van deze vacature wordt niet op prijs gesteld.
Within VDL ETG, the department Technology & Development (T&D) is responsible for the specification, design and integration of high tech/precision modules, professional products and capital intensive equipment. All this takes place under one roof. The high-tech production facility is equipped with state of the art machinery to produce any designed product. The Technology & Development department consists of a number of competence groups, such as Mechanics, Mechatronics, Electronics, Flow & Thermal, Software and Project management. In multi-disciplinary project teams we specify, design, develop and qualify the professional products for our customers. VDL ETG sources, produces and supplies the qualified products to our customers. #LI-AS1#LI-HV1