Do you want to work at a high-tech dynamic company with an international character and are you looking for a job with adventure? VDL Steelweld can offer you this opportunity! We are looking for a Site manager (work location Keulen). You are responsible for organising all site/location related activities in the context of large and complex automotive and other investment projects by providing leadership to all employees, subcontractors and suppliers on site, so that the allocated project/subproject is completed on time and correctly
Site manager (working location Keulen)
In this challenging position, no day is the same. During the day, different challenges are part of your adventure. You have responsibility for:
- Preparation of site work (site manual, planning, material containers, premises, rental vehicles, are there necessary infrastructure);
- Searching for local suppliers in corporation with the project buyer for frame agreements;
- Managing the expectations of the customer, project executors and suppliers in the context of site work;
- Following up on the site plan and project plan on site;
- Monitoring the quality requirements and the quality policy on site;
- Ensuring customer satisfaction on site;
- Ensuring adequate solutions to bottlenecks in the realisation of the project on site;
- Helping communicate company policy to employees on site.
Communication takes place in both German and English (or optionally in other customer languages) with:
- Project build leader and the site team regarding the realisation of installation, commissioning and handover, or prototype building work, on site;
- Project manager regarding status, progress, planning and the delivery of materials;
- Project engineers regarding assembly and functionality of the production lines;
- The customer in the context of progress and planning of site work;
- The customer in the context of optimisation of the production lines and the product;
- Suppliers in the context of installation and commissioning work by the suppliers on site.
What you bring to the table
- MTS/HTS (secondary technical school/higher technical school) Mechanical engineering or comparable;
- VCA (full) certificate;
- Multiple years of experience in the appropriate professional field, and of working on location;
- We are looking for someone how has experience with planning, project finances and monitoring and reporting the processes and the quality of a project;
- You are a born leader (directly, approximately 5 Project Build Leaders/Build Leaders and Site Logistic Coordinators, indirectly approximately 100 employees on a project basis).
What do we offer:
- Being part of the international industrial family company VDL Groep. A company in which continuity has the highest priority; professional teamwork in an informal no nonsense environment in which open communication is very important;
- An opportunity regarding personal development and entrepreneurship;
- Excellent working conditions and career opportunities.
If you are interested and you recognize yourself in the debrided profile, please apply via the "solliciteer” button. Please add your CV as also a motivation letter.
VDL Steelweld is a versatile international company that has been active in production automation, special products, parking systems and engineering services. VDL Steelweld has been part of the VDL Group since 1995.