As Lead engineer mechanics, you specify and deliver together with a team of approximately 10 lead designers and architects, high-tech mechatronic system solutions for the new products and you are responsible for achieving optimal functionality and cost-effectiveness of the systems.
Lead engineer mechanics
The most important tasks are related to the development process at VDL ETG according to PGP (Product Generation Process). This process consists of the following phases:
- Feasibility phase: the study of the Customer Requirement Specifications (CRS) and the feasibility of mechanical components
- Definition phase: coming up with a description of system design requirements and specifications
- System Design Phase: the generation of system design concepts and reviews
- Coming up with well-considered choices, validated against system requirements
- Defining the high-tech modules and related technical interfaces
- Monitoring that the projects remain within the agreed specifications
- Using a helicopter view and creativity in order to find solutions in case of conflicts
- Detail phase: Leading a team of approximately 5 to 10 lead designers/architects
- System verification: Verification of design requirements and chosen concepts
- Production release: Release of the design for production
- Contributing to the system road-maps
- Participating in further developments of the necessary critical mechanical competencies.
- Setting priorities within the mechanical team and reporting routinely to the project manager
- Coaching and training mechanical engineers
- Providing direction to the Way of Working (including with the help of V-model, PGP-process, design reviews, engineering change process)
The Lead engineer mechanics reports to the Group lead mechanics.
Which expertise will you contribute?
- A higher vocational or university education in Mechanical Engineering or Mechatronics.
- At least 5 to 10 years of experience as a Mechanical Engineer in a high-tech environment.
- Experience with drafting design principles, precise positioning and dynamic behavior.
- Experience in planning mechanical development, preferably according to the complete V-Model.
- Experience in DfX is an advantage as well as creating strength calculations in the area of thermal and mechanical designs.
- You have experience in working with NX and Teamcenter.
- You have experience with Matlab/Simulink and/or related development tools.
Which Personal skills will you contribute?
- You are a natural leader; you know how to direct technical project teams.
- You think out-of-the-box.
- You maintain a helicopter view.
- You are able to communicate clearly and capable of presenting your choices orally.
- You are capable of reporting in a structured manner.
- You act as a catalyst; you challenge others and you come up with innovative ideas.
What do we offer?
- You will be part of an internationally operating family business.
- You will work with professionals in a technically high-end environment.
- You will work within a dynamic and informal corporate culture.
- You will work in multidisciplinary teams.
- You have the opportunity to develop on an international level.
- You direct your individual career in the area of personal development and growth.
Are you interested and do you recognize yourself in above profile? Apply via the 'solliciteer” button. Please include a resume and motivation letter in which you describe why you are interested in this vacancy. For further information about this vacancy you can contact the Corporate Recruitment Department; Ellen Op Heij, via 040-2925066.
Within VDL ETG, the department of Technology & Development (T&D) is responsible for the specification, design and integration of high tech mechatronic machine modules, professional systems and capital intensive equipment. All this takes place under one roof. The high-tech production facility is equipped with state-of-the- art machinery to produce any designed product. The Technology & Development department consists of a number of competence groups, such as Mechanics, Mechatronics, Electronics, Software, Flow & Thermal and Project management. Within our multidisciplinary project teams we specify, design, develop and qualify modules and products for our customers. Subsequently, we supply these products to our customers.