With the electrification of drive trains and IoT developments the number of controllers and system complexity of vehicles like busses and trucks grows exponentially. As a results also the amount of software increases proportionally.
Software Project Leader / Scrum Master E-mobility
The System Competence Centre selects the controllers and defines the architecture how to interface and integrate these in a vehicle. Next to that it develops the software application layer running on these controllers. These controllers are typically programmed in PLC languages like CoDeSys, LogiCad and Matlab/Simulink development environments.
The department is involved from an early concept phase up to commissioning at customer side, following a V-model and ‘Agile’ hybrid way of working.
In this role you act as the Scrum Master of a team of 6-8 persons for several internal software activities. You act as a project leader to follow up on incoming change requests and problem reports, managing (sub)projects regarding software deliverables and to align these with all stakeholders. As such you will interact with several organisations within the VDL Bus & Coach group. You are also capable and willing to pro-actively contribute to the improvement of the software development processes within VDL ETS.
- You have a BSc or MSc in Electronics, Embedded systems, Automotive or equivalent.
- You are pro-active and assertive.
- You are quality-aware.
- You have knowledge on software development methodologies such as Scrum Agile, configuration management, requirements engineering and software testing.
- You can work independently as well as in a team.
- You are passionate about e-mobility and technology in general.
- An international, industrial family company, where continuity is important.
- Collaboration in a professional no-nonsense environment with open communication.
- Excellent working conditions and career opportunities.
Do you want to be part of zero emission transport developments and work in an innovative environment with latest and greatest technology? Then you could be our new colleague!
VDL ETS focuses on the research, development and testing of new opportunities, particularly for transport-related activities of VDL companies. The target is to develop environmentally-friendly, innovative hardware and software solutions in the areas of electric transport (E-mobility), battery technology, charging infrastructure, energy storage, automated guided vehicles (AGVs), guidance and navigation technology.