Within the VDL Bus & Coach group the VDL ETS System Competence Centre is responsible for the system and software development. For this competence centre we are looking for a software engineer to work on current and next generation electric / zero emission busses and trucks.
Software Engineer E-mobility
With the electrification of drive trains and IoT developments the number of controllers and system complexity of vehicles like busses and trucks grows exponentially. As a results also the amount of software increases proportionally.
The System Competence Centre selects the controllers and defines the architecture how to interface and integrate these in a vehicle. Next to that it develops the software application layer running on these controllers. Depending on the specific controller they are programmed in PLC languages (CoDeSys, LogiCad), Matlab/Simulink or C/C++/JAVA development environments. The department is involved from an early concept phase up to commissioning at customer side, following a V-model and ‘Agile’ hybrid way of working.
Your work environment is a mix from coding on the computer, testing at a test bench and on the workshop floor in a bus or truck. Do you want to be part of zero emission transport developments, an innovative environment and working with latest and greatest technology? Then you might be our new colleague!
- You have a BSc or MSc in Electronics, Embedded systems, Automotive or equivalent
- You have experience in programming in CoDeSys/LogiCAD, Matlab/Simulink, C/C++/JAVA or equivalent
- You are more system minded than a specialist
- You are pro-active and assertive
- You can work independently as well as in a team
- You are passionate about e-mobility and technology in general
- An international, industrial family company, where continuity is important
- Collaboration in a professional no-nonsense environment with open communication.
- Excellent working conditions and career opportunities.
Do you want to be part of zero emission transport developments and work in an innovative environment with latest and greatest technology? Then you could be our new colleague!
VDL ETS focuses on the research, development and testing of new opportunities, particularly for transport-related activities of VDL companies. The target is to develop environmentally-friendly, innovative hardware and software solutions in the areas of electric transport (E-mobility), battery technology, charging infrastructure, energy storage, automated guided vehicles (AGVs), guidance and navigation technology.