Deze vacature is niet meer beschikbaar
Do you have the ambition to lead a team of experts and help them to excel in their jobs and support them in developing high-end equipment? Then this might be your job!
Group Lead System Design
ETG Technology & Development (ETG T&D) is part of VDL ETG organization which mission is to develop and manufacture high tech modules and systems for our customers in high-end equipment. ETG T&D is responsible for development of these modules and systems in continuous alignment with the ETG factories on design for manufacturing (DfX).
ETG T&D has a vacancy for a group lead for mechatronic system design, having skills and experience in the following three fields:
- You manage your customers, internal and external. You are able to convince your customers of your technological choices and engage them in the system development activities and decisions;
- You manage and inspire a team of professionals with drive to improve, grow and explore new areas of expertise. Our mechatronic system team is a mix of talented young professionals, in-depth experts, competence owners, and system architects;
- You drive competence projects to fulfill our mechatronic roadmap, working closely with the other VDL ETG T&D competence groups.
We expect you to have professional leadership and management skills combined with a detailed eye for competency improvement. The competences of your group include:
- System architecture
- System availability
- Motion control
- Service & maintenance
- Systems & Parts Reliability
You will also be responsible for reviewing and releasing designs and providing design support. You will assign the project staff for the project managers. In this position you work with project managers, group leads and engineers who steer and are involved in highly innovative complex challenging projects.
Our international customers (Semicon, Solar, Medical) operate in high tech environments and the projects involved can vary from medical systems up to production equipment for the semiconductor and solar industry. You maintain contacts with existing and new customers to ensure product quality, way-of-working on new technologies and input for internal competence development.
This position is based within the VDL ETG Technology & Development organization in Eindhoven.
You have the ambition to coach experts and help them to excel in their jobs and support them in delivering pragmatic solutions from specifications up to manufacturing designs. You want quality to be fact based.
Other important drivers:
- A bachelor or master degree in Mechatronics, Mechanics, Electronics, Physics or related
- Academic working and thinking level
- At least 5 to 10 years of experience in a leading position in a high-end multidisciplinary development environment
- You are pro-active, analytical, creative person with a “can do” mentality
- Good communication skills verbal and written in English and Dutch
- Willingness to travel and stay abroad for a couple of weeks (incidental)
- ’Exposure to design for six sigma’’, to emphasis fact based decision making during system development.
What do we offer?
- You are part of the international, industrial, family-owned company VDL Groep;
- You work with professionals in a technical and high end environment; an environment that enables your career to excel in technology, quality and people management;
- Dynamic and informal atmosphere;
- Work together in multidisciplinary teams;
- International opportunities;
- Opportunities for personal development and growth.
Are you interested and do you recognize yourself in above profile? Apply via the “solliciteer” button. Please include a resume and motivation letter in which you describe why you are interested in this vacancy. For further information about this vacancy you can contact the Corporate Recruitment Department; Ellen Op Heij, via 040-2925066.
At VDL ETG Technology & Development machines are being developed, manufactured and assembled. All this takes place under one roof. The high-tech production facility is equipped with state of the art machinery to produce any designed product. Think of automated milling machines, lathes, grinders, welding robots, laser cutters, etc. VDL ETG T&D consists of the following development disciplines: mechanical, electrical, mechatronics and software. Out of these disciplines multidisciplinary project teams are assembled. These teams are responsible for the realization of challenging projects for leading international clients within the high-tech engineering (machine building). At this moment VDL ETG T&D moved to a new ultra-modern production facility including associated offices for development and support departments.