Do you have the ambition to lead a team and help them to excel in their jobs and support them in developing high-end equipment? Then this might be your job!
Manager project management
ETG Technology & Development (ETG T&D) is part of VDL ETG organization which mission is to develop and manufacture high-tech modules and systems for our customers in high-end equipment. ETG T&D is responsible for development of these modules and systems in continuous alignment with the ETG factories on design for manufacturing (DfX). Our projects develop products from requirement to volume manufacturing.ETG T&D offers a group lead function for our project management team, within the VDL ETG Technology & Development organization in Eindhoven. This position requires skills and experience in the following fields:
- Outstanding project management expertise: you know what is needed to manage T&D development projects. Furthermore you drive competence projects to fulfill our competence roadmap, working closely with the other ETG T&D competence groups,
- Quality focus: you ensure quality of project management products,
- People management: You manage and inspire a team of project management professionals with drive to improve, grow and explore new areas of expertise. Our team is a mix of talented young professionals with seasoned leads.
We expect you to have professional leadership and managerial skills combined with a detailed eye for competence improvement. Your seniority is a showcase for your team. You are excited to step in and lead projects when needed. You favor people management, you regard the growth of your project leads as your primary goal. In this position you work with group leads, engineers and project managers, who lead teams working on our innovative, complex and challenging projects.
You have the ambition to coach experts and help them to excel in their jobs and support them in delivering pragmatic solutions from specifications up to manufacturing designs. You want quality to be fact based. Other important drivers:
- A bachelor or master degree in Mechatronics, Mechanics, Electronics, Physics or related
- Academic working and thinking level
- At least 5 to 10 years of experience in a leading position in a high-end multidisciplinary development environment
- You are pro-active, analytical, creative person with a “can do” mentality
- Good communication skills verbal and written in English and Dutch
- Willingness to travel and stay abroad for a couple of weeks (incidental)
- ‘’Exposure to design for six sigma’’, to emphasis fact based decision making during system development
A challenging job, a high degree of responsibility and plenty of opportunities for personal development. Great promises that we like to keep. In addition, you'll receive:
- A competitive salary.
- A good pension scheme.
- 27 days of paid holiday and 13 ADV (working time reduction scheme) days.
- Profit sharing.
- Opportunities for personal development and growth, including international opportunities An annual VDL party with all your VDL Groep colleagues.
- Opportunities for internal promotion.
- Participation in various collective schemes.
- Employee discounts.
- Participation in sporting activities.
- You are part of the international, industrial, family-owned company VDL Groep;
- You work with professionals in a technical and high end environment; an environment that enables your career to excel in technology, quality and people management;
- Dynamic and informal working atmosphere;
- Work together in multidisciplinary teams.
Are you interested and do you recognize yourself in above profile? Apply via the “solliciteer” button. Please include a resume and motivation letter in which you describe why you are interested in this vacancy. For further information about this vacancy you can contact the Corporate Recruitment Department; Ellen Op Heij, via 040-2925066.
Within VDL ETG, the department of Technology & Development (T&D) is responsible for the specification, design and integration of high tech mechatronic machine modules, professional systems and capital intensive equipment. All this takes place under one roof. The high-tech production facility is equipped with state-of-the- art machinery to produce any designed product. The Technology & Development department consists of a number of competence groups, such as Mechanics, Mechatronics, Electronics, Software, Flow & Thermal and Project management. Within our multidisciplinary project teams we specify, design, develop and qualify modules and products for our customers. Subsequently, we supply these products to our customers.