Equipment engineering ensures our system installed based performs against predefined performance indicators during lifecycle. Performance is measured against reliability, serviceability and spare part usage. The job involves collecting data regarding product quality and on-site performance and subsequently to turn this data into useful information. For this data processing proven practical heuristics as well as statistical modeling and life time analysis will be used, resulting in evidence based recommendations for design and service improvements. Furthermore the job involves developing solutions for enabling the customer support organization to perform service actions in a controlled way.
The following activities are deployed for the entire product life cycle of the Wafer Handler (WH) system:
- perform availability assessments at the start of the design process, based on potential failure modes (risk & impact)
- predict expected availability and reliability performance, resulting in design & service requirements
- deliver statistical expertise in the analysis of complex issues and drive problems to a good solution
- define opportunities for design improvements
- develop service documentation
- gaining in depth knowledge about systems and technique
- Affinity with high-tech and complex systems
- You have Bachelor Degree in: Applied Physics, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Mechatronics.
- You like to work with statistical data analysis
- Experience in working with multidisciplinary teams / projects on system level
- Experience with Design for Reliability is a pre
- You see software as a tool.
Personal skills & attributes
- Analytical skills, flexible attitude and commitment are key
- Ability to persuade developers, designers and stakeholders
- Team player with excellent communication- and writing skills in English
- Self-starter with a strong drive to solve customer problems in a timely way with short term and final solutions
- Technical generalist wide oriented
- Out of the box thinking
At VDL ETG T&D in Eindhoven, you can count on the following working conditions:
A challenging job, a high degree of responsibility and plenty of opportunities for personal development. Great promises that we like to keep. In addition, you'll receive:
- A competitive salary.
- A good pension scheme.
- 27 days of paid holiday and 13 ADV (working time reduction scheme) days.
- Profit sharing.
- Plenty of personal development through training courses and educational programmes.
- An annual VDL party with all your VDL Groep colleagues.
- Opportunities for internal promotion.
- Participation in various collective schemes.
- Employee discounts.
- Participation in sporting activities.
Apply now for this vacancy as a Equipment engineer at VDL ETG T&D
Are you the lead mechanical engineer with a healthy dose of technical leadership we're looking for? Then please send us your CV and covering letter and tell us why you're the ideal candidate for this vacancy.
Within VDL ETG, the department of Technology & Development (T&D) is responsible for the specification, design and integration of high tech mechatronic machine modules, professional systems and capital intensive equipment. All this takes place under one roof. The high-tech production facility is equipped with state-of-the- art machinery to produce any designed product. The Technology & Development department consists of a number of competence groups, such as Mechanics, Mechatronics, Electronics, Software, Flow & Thermal and Project management. Within our multidisciplinary project teams we specify, design, develop and qualify modules and products for our customers. Subsequently, we supply these products to our customers.