As an integral project manager you are responsible for highly innovative complex challenging projects in a high-end precision environment. You are end to end responsible from project initiation until volume production of complex mechatronic systems and modules.
Integral project manager
As an integral Project manager you are responsible for highly innovative complex challenging projects in a high-end precision environment (Semi-con, Solar, Medical). You have an integral responsibility, from customer request to development to implementation of volume production in the factory and delivery at customer site. The technologies are complex and the products are first of a kind. VDL ETG is a contract manufacturer and VDL ETG T&D works on customer order only. The projects are often part of a larger development project at the customer site. You need do build and maintain a close relationship with the customer. Projects have an international scope so as a Project manager you deal with different company cultures, different regional cultures and a different Ways of Working (Project Management and Development processes).
Tasks & responsibilities
You manage the projects with a (large) multidisciplinary team of highly skilled, mainly technical experts in architecture, design and manufacturing. That’s why we expect you to have a solid technical background, with experience in product development projects, as well as professional project management skills. You are responsible for:
- The delivery of innovative mechatronic systems from initiation and concept & development until manufacturing and customer acceptance; taking into account the triple constraint;
- Project set up, organization and Governance;
- Leading the project team, in close cooperation with a System Architect;
- Monitoring and control project progress, take action and escalate when needed;
- Managing stakeholders: external customers and suppliers as well as internal stakeholders at various managerial levels and functional domain (T&D, business, manufacturing and others);
- Applying the project management and development processes of the organization;
- Contribute to the continuous development of the project management competency of the department.
This position is based in the Project Management group of VDL ETG Technology & Development
- Professional project management skills, preferably certified (PMI, PRINCE2, IPMA);
- A degree in Mechatronics, Mechanics, Electronics, Physics or related;
- At least 5 to 10 years experience as a project leader in high-end product development projects, leading multidisciplinary team(s);
- You have knowledge of Design for Excellence;
- You are a team builder and able to inspire, motivate and convince people;
- You are a pro-active, analytical, creative person with a “can do” mentality;
- Good communication skills verbal and written;
- Willingness to travel and stay abroad for a couple of weeks – few times per year.
What do we offer?
- You are part of the international, industrial, family-owned company VDL Groep;
- You work with professionals in a technical and high end environment with a dynamic and informal atmosphere;
- a competitive salary
- annual profit sharing
- 27 holidays and 13 ADV days (working time reduction)
- a solid pension plan
- plenty of personal development through training and education
- an annual VDL party with all colleagues from VDL Groep
- internal growth opportunities
- various collective arrangements
- participation in sports activities
Are you interested and do you recognize yourself in above profile? Apply via the 'solliciteer” button. Please include a resume and motivation letter in which you describe why you are interested in this vacancy. For further information about this vacancy you can contact the Corporate Recruitment Department; Ellen Op Heij, via 040-2925066.
Within VDL ETG, the department Technology & Development (T&D) is responsible for the specification, design and integration of high tech/precision modules, professional products and capital intensive equipment. All this takes place under one roof. The high-tech production facility is equipped with state of the art machinery to produce any designed product. The Technology & Development department consists of a number of competence groups, such as Mechanics, Mechatronics, Electronics, Flow & Thermal, Software and Project management. In multi-disciplinary project teams we specify, design, develop and qualify the professional products for our customers.
VDL ETG sources, produces and supplies the qualified products to our customers.