At VDL ETG T&D the products that you develop are produced under the same roof, which gives you a unique link with your own product. You are in charge of your fully integrated system, complex mechanical parts and/or modules; from design, testing to production and assembly. Is precision Technology in your blood and in your DNA? Do you want to learn broad system knowledge and want to use your skills in Mechatronic Systems architecting? Then you are the system architect we are looking for.
Mechatronic system architect
As a Mechatronics Systems Architect at VDL ETG you are responsible to capture customer requirements, design the system and decompose requirements. You contribute to the technical roadmap and competence development. You will lead the system design team to define a consistent system design that meets the functional specifications of our customers within overall cost and timing. In close co-operation with colleagues from other disciplines you are translating system specifications and constraints into designs for decomposed functions and modules. You will lead the team to document and maintain the specifications.
You will perform trade-off studies and set direction to determine the preferred implementation scenario for the realization. You review the designs and ensure system performance and improvements. During the project you act as a technical coach for designers.
- Technical University, Master degree.
- At least 7 years relevant experience , hi-tech, precision machinery, contamination control, vacuum.
- Eager to define concepts, interfaces and apply mechatronic design rules.
- As a person you are accurate, flexible and motivated to face challenges.
- Team player, in the own company and towards clients, consortium partners and suppliers.
- Building constructive relations with stakeholders.
- Likes to help building a company, entrepreneurial spirit.
- Efficient in dealing with time pressure, budget constraints and setting priorities.
- Good communication skills and proficient in English As a person you are accurate, flexible, analytical, pragmatic, creative, proactive and motivated to face challenges.
A challenging job, a high degree of responsibility and plenty of opportunities for personal development. Great promises that we like to keep. In addition, you'll receive:
- A competitive salary.
- A good pension scheme.
- 27 days of paid holiday and 13 ADV (working time reduction scheme) days.
- Profit sharing.
- Plenty of personal development through training courses and educational programmes.
- An annual VDL party with all your VDL Groep colleagues.
- Opportunities for internal promotion.
- Participation in various collective schemes.
- Employee discounts.
- Participation in sporting activities.
Are you the mechatronic system architect whose reliable system design will lead to a fantastic end product? Then please send us your CV and covering letter and tell us why you're the ideal candidate for this vacancy.
Within VDL ETG, the department of Technology & Development (T&D) is responsible for the specification, design and integration of high tech mechatronic machine modules, professional systems and capital intensive equipment. All this takes place under one roof. The high-tech production facility is equipped with state-of-the- art machinery to produce any designed product. The Technology & Development department consists of a number of competence groups, such as Mechanics, Mechatronics, Electronics, Software, Flow & Thermal and Project management. Within our multidisciplinary project teams we specify, design, develop and qualify modules and products for our customers. Subsequently, we supply these products to our customers.