Is technology is in your blood and in your DNA? Then become our new colleague! VDL ETG Projects in Eindhoven is looking for a Mechanical System architect.
Mechanical System Architect
As Mechanical system architect you are responsible for specifying and creating a technically consistent system design, while taking into account the functional requirements of the customer on the one hand, and the limitations of costs and time on the other. In close collaboration with your colleagues from other disciplines, you define the system specifications and limitations in the specifications and road-maps for architecture, technology, functions and modules. You are responsible for documenting and maintaining this process. You are also responsible for knowledge transfer and where possible, you also ensure that the Mechanics competency group reaches a higher level. In this respect, there is plenty of room for your own input of ideas (including new ones).
- Graduated from a technical university (Bachelor or Master) where you studied mechanical engineering with specialization in mechatronics or mechanics;
- At least 10 years of work experience as chief constructor/system architect in a machine building environment;
- You are capable of leading a team and work well in collaboration with customers and stakeholders.
- Strong communication skills (in Dutch and English).
- Technical leadership; you provide direction to technical project teams
- You think abstractly and out-of-the-box
- Helicopter view
- You communicate clearly and effectively at all levels and with all disciplines
- You have a clear and structured method of reporting.
- You build up and maintain networks in the internal organization as well as outside of it.
- You are capable of challenging others to come up with even better ideas
- You are proactive and enterprising
What do we offer?
- You are part of the international, industrial, family-owned company VDL Groep;
- You work with professionals in a technical and high end environment with a dynamic and informal atmosphere;
- a competitive salary
- annual profit sharing
- 27 holidays and 13 ADV days (working time reduction)
- a solid pension plan
- plenty of personal development through training and education
- an annual VDL party with all colleagues from VDL Groep
- internal growth opportunities
- various collective arrangements
- participation in sports activities
Are you interested and do you recognize yourself in above profile? Apply via the “solliciteer” button. Please include a resume and motivation letter in which you describe why you are interested in this vacancy. For further information about this vacancy you can contact the Corporate Recruitment Department; Annelies Smits, via 040-2925066
Do you like to think about how you can convert the production of a prototype in an innovative way into an industrialization process? Then VDL ETG Projects is the right place for you. We realize unique mechanization projects in The Netherlands and abroad. You are involved in the entire process, from the idea to the realization of a complete production line. For example for the (mass) production of chips, flexible solar cells or the conversion of plant residues into biogas. We offer you challenges in the field of engineering (mechanical, electrical and software). Do you like variation in your work and technical challenges within an open and informal work atmosphere? Take on the challenge with us!