As an Electronics Architect you will be responsible from concept till qualification of high-end mechatronic systems. Do you like to be challenged to develop and strengthen a broad set of skills? Then this might be an interesting vacancy for you!
One of your biggest challenges of the Electronics Architect will be to communicate with all the stakeholders in the different phases of the project, both inside and outside VDL ETG Projects. During the concept phase you will mainly communicate with architects from other disciplines and competence leaders to make trade-offs and define the concept design. During the design/implementation and verification phase you will lead the team (including the external partner) to make and review the electronic designs. During the test/integration phase you will be communicating with the internal production/test department and help solving problems in the first integration phase. Because you work in multidisciplinary project teams you’ll need to have a broad knowledge of electronics and are also interested in other disciplines such as mechanics, mechatronics and software. Within the electronics department, you’ll contribute and steer to set up the roadmap and strategy. Furthermore you are responsible for:
- Developing architectural concepts in multidisciplinary teams,
- Meeting with clients to specify a clear interpretation of the customers demand,
- Specification of electronic modules and systems, electronic components (sensors, amplifiers, PCB’s) and control platforms,
- Performing trade-offs for implementation alternatives of functions,
- Managing outsourcing activities at electronics development partners,
- Leading the electronics designers and engineers in the multidisciplinary project team,
- Contributing specialist knowledge in one or more electronic engineering fields, such as signal processing, analog, digital and power electronics, firmware, high voltage electronics, PCB lay-out, EMI, etc.
- Supporting allocation of manufacturing and other supply chain decisions,
- Transferring knowledge to production- and service engineers,
- Documenting specifications, concepts, designs and test analysis results
- Bachelor and or Master Degree in Electrical Engineering;
- 5 to 10 years of broad experience within the electronic field (motion and machine control, amplifiers, EMC, serviceability) of control systems and components for high-end equipment and/or products, in multidisciplinary development teams;
- 3 to 5 years’ experience as an Architect for complex systems;
- Team player, analytical, pragmatic, creative and pro-active;
- Good communication skills and proficient in English and preferably in Dutch;
- Ambition for a broad personal development in the technology field and the personal field.
What do we offer?
- You are part of the international, industrial, family-owned company VDL Groep;
- You work with professionals in a technical and high end environment with a dynamic and informal atmosphere;
- a competitive salary
- annual profit sharing
- 27 holidays and 13 ADV days (working time reduction)
- a solid pension plan
- plenty of personal development through training and education
- an annual VDL party with all colleagues from VDL Groep
- internal growth opportunities
- various collective arrangements
- participation in sports activities
Are you interested and do you recognize yourself in above profile? Apply via the “solliciteer” button. Please include a resume and motivation letter in which you describe why you are interested in this vacancy. For further information about this vacancy you can contact the Corporate Recruitment Department; Annelies Smits, via 040-2925066.
Do you like to think about how you can convert the production of a prototype in an innovative way into an industrialization process? Then VDL ETG Projects is the right place for you. We realize unique mechanization projects in The Netherlands and abroad. You are involved in the entire process, from the idea to the realization of a complete production line. For example for the (mass) production of chips, flexible solar cells or the conversion of plant residues into biogas. We offer you challenges in the field of engineering (mechanical, electrical and software). Do you like variation in your work and technical challenges within an open and informal work atmosphere? Take on the challenge with us!