As an Electrical hardware lead engineer role you will be responsible from concept till qualification of mechatronic systems. You will also be the lead engineer for the internal and external project team. Are you eager to further develop your electrical expertise? Then this might be an interesting vacancy for you!
Lead Electrical Hardware Engineer
The Electrical hardware lead engineer communicates with all the stakeholders in the different phases of the project, both inside and outside VDL ETG Projects. During the concept phase you will mainly communicate with engineers from other disciplines and competence leaders to make trade-offs and define the electrical concept design. During the design/implementation and verification phase you will lead the team (including the external partner) to make and review the electrical hardware designs. During the test/integration phase you will be communicating with the internal production department and help solving problems in the first integration phase. Because you work in multidisciplinary project teams you’ll need to have a broad knowledge of electronics and are also interested in other disciplines such as mechanics, mechatronics and software. Furthermore you are responsible for:
- Developing architectural concepts in multidisciplinary teams,
- Meeting with clients to specify a clear interpretation of the customers demand,
- Specification of electronic modules and systems, electronic components,
- Performing trade-offs for implementation alternatives of functions,
- Managing outsourcing activities at electronics development partners,
- Leading the electronics designers and engineers in the multidisciplinary project team,
- Supporting allocation of manufacturing and other supply chain decisions,
- Transferring knowledge to production- and service engineers,
- Documenting specifications, concepts, designs and test analysis results
- Bachelor and or Master Degree in Electrical Engineering or Mechatronics Engineering;
- 10 years of broad experience with development and designing electrical panel building for the mechatronic industry
- Experienced with EPLAN (electric P8, pro panel, fluid, harness)
- Team player, analytical, pragmatic, creative and pro-active;
- Good communication skills and proficient in English and preferably in Dutch;
- Ambition for a broad personal development in the technology field (Electrical but also mechanics, etc.) and the personal field. (team leader, communicator, etc.)
What do we offer?
- You are part of the international, industrial, family-owned company VDL Groep;
- You work with professionals in a technical and high end environment with a dynamic and informal atmosphere;
- a competitive salary
- annual profit sharing
- 27 holidays and 13 ADV days (working time reduction)
- a solid pension plan
- plenty of personal development through training and education
- an annual VDL party with all colleagues from VDL Groep
- internal growth opportunities
- various collective arrangements
- participation in sports activities
Are you interested and do you recognize yourself in above profile? Apply via the “solliciteer” button. Please include a resume and motivation letter in which you describe why you are interested in this vacancy. For further information about this vacancy you can contact the Corporate Recruitment Department; Annelies Smits, via 040-2925066.
Do you like to think about how you can convert the production of a prototype in an innovative way into an industrialization process? Then VDL ETG Projects is the right place for you. We realize unique mechanization projects in The Netherlands and abroad. You are involved in the entire process, from the idea to the realization of a complete production line. For example for the (mass) production of chips, flexible solar cells or the conversion of plant residues into biogas. We offer you challenges in the field of engineering (mechanical, electrical and software). Do you like variation in your work and technical challenges within an open and informal work atmosphere? Take on the challenge with us!