Deze vacature is niet meer beschikbaar
The Lead Precision Mechanics specifies and delivers together with a team of about 10 designers and architects high level mechatronic system solutions for the new professional products and enables the optimal functionality and cost effective engineering of these systems.
Lead Precision Engineer Mechanics
The main tasks are related to the Development process in VDL-ETG following the PGP (Product Generation Process):
- Feasibility phase: Study the Customer Requirement Specifications (CRS) and investigate the feasibility of mechanical concepts.
- Definition Phase: come up with Description of System Design Requirements and Specifications (SDS).
- System Design Phase: generation of system design concepts and reviews:
- Come up with well-considered choices, validated against system requirements.
- Definition of high level modules and related technical interfaces.
- Monitor that projects stay within agreed specifications.
- Make use of your creativity and helicopter view to find solutions in case of conflicts.
- Detail Phase: Lead a team of (lead-)designers/architects of about 10 to 15 people.
- System Verification: Verification of design / the chosen concept on the requirements.
- Production release: Release the design for production.
Other tasks are:
- Contribute to system roadmaps
- Participate in further development of needed critical Mechanical competences.
- Set priorities on tasks within the Mechanical team and regular report towards project lead.
- Coaching and training of mechanical engineers on the job.
- Setting direction in and deployment of the Way of Working (a.o. using V-model, PGP process, design reviews, engineering change process, ..)
- Master in Mechanical Engineering preferably with a focus on construction / precision mechanics.
- At least 8 years of experience in creating new equipment concepts (or large complex modules).
- Experience with design principles, accurate positioning, dynamic behavior, material properties, contamination control, cleanroom environment, design for reliability, vacuum design rules.
- Experience in leading a team of Mechanical Engineers.
- Experience with planning (preferably MS projects) Mechanical development throughout the complete V-model.
- Experience with DfX (Value Engineering, Manufacturability, CoG, Reliability, Serviceablity...)
- Basic knowledge of (FEM) calculations in the area of thermal and mechanical design.
- Experience with 3D design tools (preferably NX or PRO-E) and TeamCenter.
- Experience with Matlab/Simulink or related development tools.
- Technical leadership. Sets out direction for technical project teams.
- Abstract thinking, out-of-the box thinking.
- Helicopter view.
- Communication. Effective communication with all levels and disciplines. Clear and structured way of reporting.
- Networking. Build and maintain networks throughout the organization and also outside the organization.
- Able to challenge others, to come up with even better ideas.
- Well-developed soft skills.
What do we offer?
- Contribution to the development of a state-of-the-art, high-tech measurement system.
- Challenge to meet performance specifications, quality aspects, time considerations and cost.
- Come in touch with every engineering process step.
- Dynamic environment.
- Work together in multidisciplinary teams.
- International opportunities.
- Individual performance & talent management.
- Ability to connect Mechanical development with production- and test-environment.
Are you interested and do you recognize yourself in above profile? Apply via the 'solliciteer” button. Please include a resume and motivation letter in which you describe why you are interested in this vacancy. For further information about this vacancy you can contact the Corporate Recruitment Department; Ellen Op Heij, via 040-2925066.
At VDL ETG Technology & Development machines are being developed, manufactured and assembled. All this takes place under one roof. The high-tech production facility is equipped with state of the art machinery to produce any designed product. Think of automated milling machines, lathes, grinders, welding robots, laser cutters, etc.
VDL ETG T&D encysts of the following disciplines: mechanical, electrical, mechatronics and software. Out of these disciplines multidisciplinary project teams are assembled. These teams are responsible for the realization of challenging projects for leading international clients within the high-tech engineering (machine building).
At this moment VDL ETG T&D moved to a new ultra-modern production facility including associated offices for development and support departments.