At VDL AEC Maritime we are looking for a process development engineer. Do you have experience as R&D or process development engineer in the equipment sector? Do you like working in a technical environment and bring people together? Then we’re looking for you!
Process development engineer
As a process development engineer you work on our Maritime EGCS (exhaust gas cleaning systems, aka scrubbers). Development will be anywhere in the range of improving efficiency of current systems to completely new products/systems. You have at least basic knowledge of the chemical and physical processes in a scrubber (gas/water interaction). Next to that you will also need certain understanding of the equipment, supporting/enabling those processes, like pumps, valves, control systems, etc.
One of the bigger challenges of EGCS development is the fact that full scale system testing is only possible on sailing vessels, which has several restrictions. In this sense you will get the opportunity to shape/define new ways of releasing product improvements/new products.
- Master or PhD degree in a chemical engineering or related engineering degree.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as R&D or process development engineer in the equipment sector, Maritime experience is a plus.
- You have an analytical mindset, are curious by nature and can think outside the box.
- You are a real team player, understand the importance of managing your stakeholders and some experience in project management is a plus.
- You prepare/take decisions based on data.
- You are structured and understand the importance of creating documentation next to hardware development.
- Experience in model based engineering is a plus.
- Fluent in English and your Dutch is a minimum of level B1,2. Fluent in German could be an advantage.
- Occasional travelling, as part of your project, is no issue for you.
- You have the right balance of communication skills (self-confident without being arrogant, persuasive without being pushy, pro-active and a can do mentality)
What do we offer you?
Working at VDL AEC Maritime means that you are part of the international industrial family company VDL Group, where continuity is of paramount importance. Collaborate in a professional manner in an informal, no-nonsense environment where open communication predominates. You also have plenty of room for personal development and entrepreneurship. Furthermore, we offer competitive terms of employment.
If you are interested and recognize yourself in the described profile, please apply via the “solliciteer” button. Please add your CV as also a motivation letter.
Application of employment agencies is not appreciated.
VDL AEC Maritime supplies scrubbers for ships that meet the latest international requirements in the field of harmful emissions. In the technology used-seawater is used to store and clean environmentally harmful particles on the ship. Customers can contact VDL AEC Maritime for the entire process of sales, engineering, production and installation of the scrubbers.