This vacancy is no longer available
Are you studying HBO mechatronics or electrical engineering? Are you motivated and looking for an instructive internship? Then come and do an internship at VDL Steelweld!
Internship: Designing a graphical interface for an autonomous vehicle
Usually, interaction between the user and the autonomous vehicle is done via a graphical interface. You want to let the user communicate with the autonomous vehicle with the least training required.
You will focus on creating a graphical user interface which is targeted to people who have little to no experience with the autonomous vehicle.
- Understand what data should be communicated with the user
- Design a GUI for the user
- Implement GUI
- Test the user experience
- Experience with GUI programming
- Experience with designing a user interface
What are we looking for?
- You are a HBO student mechatronics engineering or electrical engineering
- You are looking for a internship assignment
- You are in your third year
- You are driven, ambitious, entrepreneurial and eager to learn
- You are motivated and know how to work on your assignment both independently and in a team
What do we offer?
- Nice variation between theory and practice, what you develop, you also see it being used!
- Support from the process engineering team. This team focuses on internal improvement projects and has knowledge in the field of mechanics, electronics and software.
- There is a lot of room for your own input.
- You are part of the international, industrial family business VDL Groep, where continuity is of paramount importance.
- Working together in a professional manner in an informal, no-nonsense environment where open communication prevails.
- Ample opportunity for personal development and entrepreneurship.
- A generous internship remuneration
- An annual VDL party with all colleagues of the VDL Groep.
- Personnel offers
Do you want this internship?
If you are interested and match the required profile, we would like to receive your CV and motivation. Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.
VDL Automated Vehicles
VDL Automated Vehicles is a subsidiary of the VDL Groep and a leading supplier of heavy automated transport solutions.
The VDL Groep has a strong automotive orientation and has been active in automated transport solutions since 2001. In 2009 VDL started with the development of the first Automated Guided Vehicles (AGVs). From the start, all activities have been hosted by two independent VDL companies; VDL Containersystemen & VDL Steelweld. Both entities are based in the Netherlands and are supported by a global network. This cooperation is in line with VDL's philosophy: Strength through cooperation.
The assignment will be executed at VDL Steelweld in Breda, where the VDL Automated Vehicles team is located.