Will you join our purchasing team? At VDL Steelweld USA we are looking for a Project Buyer. Do you have experience in purchasing? Are you independent, involved and do you have good negotiation skills? Do you have several years of experience as an Project Buyer in Body-In-White projects? If so, then the Project Buyer position with VDL Steelweld, USA headquarters in Troy, Michigan may be something for you.
A closer look at WHAT IT TAKES
Our Project Buyer is responsible for the presence of the right goods and services at the right time and at the right price. Therefore you make sure you have an selection of suppliers with optimum terms and conditions. The Project Buyer of the US works in close contact with VDL Steelweld headquartered in the Netherlands regarding global sourcing and project execution.
- Participation in project team(s) and acting as all-around purchasing coordinator for the allocated projects.
- Drawing up quotation requests within and/or outside the set preferred suppliers list.
- Purchasing materials, raw materials, parts equipment and services on the basis of technical specifications of the applicant, and drawing up and sending any accompanying purchase orders.
- Negotiating about price, delivery period, terms and conditions of delivery
- Drawing up and entering into contracts with suppliers in accordance with purchasing procedures and, if necessary, in consultation with the Purchase & Logistics Unit Manager
- Discussing divergences in deliveries with suppliers.
- Monitoring contract arrangements and taking action in the event of a divergence or threatened divergence.
- Helping monitor supplier performance (including quality, audits of ISO, contract arrangements and products) in cooperation with internal quality employees, and providing feedback on this performance to the suppliers.
- The direction and guidance within the Purchase & Logistics department of the purchasing activities for the allocated projects.
Do you have the KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES?
- Content of the technical aspects of the Purchaser;
- Customer and supplier requirements;
- Commercial insight;
- Good social and communication skills;
- Analytical capacities;
- Negotiating skills;
- Mastery of the in and outs of purchasing;
- Project-based working;
- Broad-based technical knowledge;
- MS Office applications;
- General legal knowledge regarding simple commercial actions/disputes;
- Ability to fathom purchasing and sales proposals;
- English required; Dutch and German a plus
Do you have the EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE?
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience in a related field.
- A minimum of 10 years work experience in a production or commercial environment, including at least 5 years experience in a technical purchasing position, preferably in the automotive sector.
- Stress resistant, independent
- Decisive, if necessary sets the right priorities
- Improvisational, entrepreneurial mentality
- Social and communications skills
- Service and results orientation with a commercial attitude
- Hard worker, not a 9-to-5 attitude, perseverance
- Critical, analytical and engaged personality
- Willingness to travel regularly
What WE HAVE TO OFFER
- Professional, cooperative and dynamic office environment.
- Opportunities for professional and development growth.
- Competitive salary and total compensation package.
- Benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, short - / long-term disability, term life insurance, accident insurance, 401(k).
Are you a PERFECT FIT? Then WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?
We would like to receive your resume.
Who are we? THE GLOBAL PERSPECTIVE
VDL Steelweld is a diverse, versatile, international company established in 1965 actively involved in Automated Production Systems, Special Products, Automated Guided Vehicles and Parking Systems. The company is headquartered in the Netherlands with branches in the United States of America, the United Kingdom, Germany, Sweden, China and we are not done yet!
Our primary competencies include processing, designing, producing and installing robotic production systems offering a wide range of handling, assembly and joining technologies for industrial applications. We are a first-tier supplier for car manufacturing OEMs around the world. Our product lines are as varied and diverse as our people. We produce products, ranging from complex mechatronic systems to large welded constructions, Automated Guided Vehicles as well as fully- and semi-automatic parking systems. Together with more than 500 high-energy, motivated staff members, VDL Steelweld delivers projects, products and services to satisfied customers across a wide variety of industries all around the world.
Our LOCAL VIEW
As with our Global counterparts, VDL Steelweld USA’s corporate philosophy embodies a long-term relationship focus that offers innovative, cutting-edge, automated production lines and system solutions for our customers.#LI-SD1